Sunday, March 12, 2017

Casey Weathers Velocity Work

Hello again to all my baseball fans,



I hope spring break started out good for everyone! I'm down in Florida with the team until Thursday playing in this 80+ degree heat having a real good time.



I finally got my first start yesterday which I've been looking forward to for a long time. After working with Driveline all winter and sticking with it through the spring I've been working hard at getting my velocity up. For my first outing I was decently pleased to hear that I was sitting upper 80's and hitting 90 mph a couple times throughout the game. It's promising to know that because last year's first game I was barely hitting 86, maxing out at 90 in the summer.



As objectively impressive as that might sound, I am completely outshined by many of Driveline's athletes, and definitely one in particular: Casey Weathers. This is a video of one of his "run 'n gun" sessions, which means you basically try and throw these weighted balls as hard as you possibly can. Please take the 2 minutes to watch this video it's literally amazing.



(Keep in mind a normal baseball is 5oz.)




No comments:

Post a Comment